Friday, August 8, 2008

Hymn of the Week--How Firm A Foundation

I have thought about this before, but since I've figured out how to post songs, I figured I would keep you updated on what our Hymn of the Week. Every week we choose a new hymn and sing it together as a part of our family worship time after dinner. We usually only sing the first verse and so those are the words that I'll post. Any hymn suggestions would be recommended.

Hymn of the Week
How Firm A Foundation

How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in His excellent Word!
What more can He say than to you He hath said,
You, who unto Jesus for refuge have fled?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about my wedding hymn- Amazing Love How Can It be, that thou my God shouldst die for me.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites: All Your Anxiety. All your anxiety, all your care, bring to the mercy-seat, leave it there; never a burden He cannot bear, never a friend like Jesus. (chorus)

A treasure-trove of hymns like these will be of great value in the years to come. :)

Shube

Shube

Andy Gammons said...

Shube,
A great Gospel truth from a hymn I've never heard. I looked it up here. http://avoiceinthewilderness.org/extol/hymn374.html

Andy

Sharon said...

How about
Out of the ivory palaces
Into a world of woe
Only His great eternal love
Made my savior go

It's not even in the newer hymnals. Love it!