Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mmmmm, Norske Nook

This past weekend we went to Chicago to visit Amanda's grandma and other relations. (More on that to come.) Whenever we make this trip we talk about stopping in Osseo, Wisconsin at Norske Nook restaurant. It doesn't usually work out though. We have only been there one other time. But on Monday night we hit Osseo right at dinner time. The restaurant is about 3 miles off the highway in their downtown. It is definitely in my top 5 restaurants in the WORLD. Both times I've been there I have had their hot sandwiches: turkey last time and beef this time. The meat on the sandwich was so tender and delicious. I only had half a sandwich because I was saving room for the main course, the pies. I had their white chocolate and raspberry pie. It was great. Apparently on Wednesday night you can get pie and coffee for $2.50. If you're ever traveling on I-94 through Wisconsin on your way to the Twin Cities, take the time and stop at Norske Nook. You won't regret it.

3 comments:

Gregg said...

Shube and I stopped at the Norske Nook a few years ago when we were making the same Chicago-Minneapolis drive. I, too, had the hot sandwich and was an immediate fan. Unfortch, being a rookie, I scarfed the full-size sandwich and didn't leave room for the "main course." Oh well - you live, you learn.

Hopefully Allison and I can make a pit stop on the way up at Thanksgiving...in just 10 days!

Anonymous said...

Yes...Pearl and Joe turned me on to Norske Nook a long time ago. For you non-Norskies, the sign says: Norske Nook Coffee House and Gift Boutique! I brought a loaf of their freshly baked Pumpernickel home and it is heaven-on-wheels. The ambiance is about a 2 on a scale from 1-10, but the down-home cookin' is top o' the line.
Shube

Allison said...

I hear a Smelt Basket calling my name...