Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hymn of the Week--Redeemed, How I Love to Proclaim It!

This week's hymn is by Fanny Crosby. She is my dad's favorite hymn writer. I love this one. I thought that we had done this one before, but it wasn't on my list. The boys knew it though. Ben loves the echo parts on the chorus. "Redeemed through his infinite mercy," is my favorite line. It certainly is not because of ANYTHING that I have done. If it were left to me, I would not even sing this hymn. But because of the blood of the lamb, "his child and forever I am."

Hymn of the Week
Redeemed, How I Love to Proclaim It!
Words by Fanny J. Crosby
Music by William J. Kirkpatrick

Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child and forever I am.
Refrain
Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, redeemed,
His child and forever I am.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Nothing like a Fanny Crosby hymn!! I wonder if there's a story behind this one. Another good choice for HOTW!

Gregg said...

Good one. I, too, loved to do the echos -- all the youth group guys used to sit together in church and sing the echo parts (like a buncha chumps) and we thought it was hilarious. Upside: I still remember most of those hymns, and this is a great one.

I'm also a fan of the Fanny Crosby tunes.

Anonymous said...

Greg,
I can totally picture that. Rebellion has it's spectrum I suppose. Very funny.

LOOOOOOOve this one.

T

Anonymous said...

I mostly remember the old folks "sliding" up the scale on Re-DEEMED, Re-DEEMED. :)
Shube