|From Small Group Camping|
We meet with a group of people every other Sunday night to study, discuss, worship, and get to know each other. Five families, more than 20 kids, 3 babysitters, 1 house. It is an often rich and chaotic time. These are the kids that we imagine our kids growing up with in Sunday School and youth group. These are the families we imagine walking with in good and bad, mourning and rejoicing.
This weekend we went camping with most of the small group. We missed those who weren't able to come, but we had a grand time with those who did. Here are a few of my highlights.
- Walking into the campsite and looking out to the river, looking up at the huge trees and knowing that we were going to enjoy ourselves.
- Seeing Madelyn dive into the river and come up with a HUGE smile.
- Watching (and not watching) the boys play in the woods with all of the other kids.
- Getting in the tent at the end of the night and then getting out again once the kids were asleep.
- Preparing food over the fire with the guys.
- Hiking with my boys and the other dads and kids.