Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hymn of the Week--Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

I just looked at my usual hymn website and found out that there is a verse to this hymn. In our hymnal, it didn't have it, but I think it's a good one. Maybe we'll have to try and learn the verse too. The recording below is from Alan Jackson and includes the verses. Give it a listen.

Hymn of the Week

 Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
Words and music by Helen H. Lemmel

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!
Refrain
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Terry Walker told me years ago that I needed to practice the presence of Jesus in my life. This hymn helps me to do that...
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace
Thanks for posting it.

Anonymous said...

I sang this hymn with the Moody Chorale and have loved it ever since. I wrote an arrangement of it for the Bethesda church choir (here in Minneapolis) about 25 yrs. ago and I mis-spelled the word "strangely." The accompanist made a wisecrack about things being strang-ly...and obviously it's still stuck in my craw! :) Didn't ruin the song for me though.
Shube

Anonymous said...

I sing this one to myself on a weekly basis. Love it. I didn't know there was a verse though.
T