Monday, October 12, 2009

You did that for me

There is a family in our church that is struggling with cancer. I have been following their journey on their blog. Yesterday at church most of our singing was about the realities of heaven: prophecies from Isaiah and John, joining the angels and saints singing "Holy, Holy, Holy." As I looked at this brother and prayed for him to trust the God that he AND his wife would sooner or later see face to face it was grace.

In our small group we are talking about preaching the "gospel to yourself." This idea that the gospel is more than what we accept when we become Christians. It is our life and breath every day. It is all that Christ bought for us on the cross. One thing that I am so thankful for is that he bought for us an eternity with him free of sickness, pain and struggle. Check out the song below. It is by Sara Groves but Pierce Pettis wrote it. I have his version and it is also great.

I am thankful that He did that for me.

No comments: