Friday, April 2, 2010

Celebrate!

Last night we attended our church's Maundy Thursday service.  It was the beginning to our celebration of the most important holiday of our year.  Amanda and I have been talking about how we can make this (in deed) the most important holiday of the year.  We have debated about doing anything that is not centered on Christ.  Last night's service was a great way to get us centered and to begin our thanksgiving for Christ. I sat at church last night just beaming. Beaming over so many things. I was so thankful for my savior and all that he has done for me and continues to do. I was thankful for my church, that holds both the terribleness and wonderfulness of this season in tension.   (Ben couldn't get over the fact that the service was in the dark and that we were going to exit in silence.)

I was thankful for my friends. To have Tom sitting next to me and Jason preach to me was wonderful. God spoke through him to my heart and led me to a deeper level of thankfulness for who Jesus was/is. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

I look so forward to Sunday and celebrating Christ's giving up of himself to absorb the wrath of the father that I deserved, the victory that he had over sin and death and to look forward to his second coming when he will consummate his kingdom.  Thank you God for making this season amazing.  Help our family to stay amazed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love a Maundy Thursday service.
Alex led a Sader meal last night at church.
Happy Easter.

Sharon said...

So much has been said on the Moody Radio station today about Easter but what struck me most is the fact that without the Resurrection there is no Christianity. I know that, but it always strikes a chord in my heart when I hear it again.

Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

THEN

Low in the grave He lay, Jesus my Savior
Waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord!

Up from the grave arose
With a might triumph o're His foes
He arose a victor from the dark domain
And He lives forever with His saints to reign
He arose
He arose
Hallelujah, Christ arose!!

I love the celebration of the birth of Jesus at Christmas, but Easter is hands down my favorite!