Monday, June 14, 2010

"Little House" Comes To Our House

Tricia posted a few weeks ago about how her kids are enjoying watching her Little House on the Prairie DVD's.  We decided that our kids would probably enjoy them as well.  One thing that I didn't really remember about LHOP (that's L-HOP, as I've decided to call it at our house) is how much of a tear jerker almost every episode is.  In last night's episode, Pa had to go looking for work after the wheat harvest failed.  Pa was off working hard and missing his family (just like me in Seattle).  One of Pa's new friends got blown up by dynamite.  Pa had to tell the man's wife and son that their husband and pa was dead.  I looked over and Matthew and he was doing his ugly face cry.  (You know the face I mean.  Just try holding tears in and then look in the mirror.)

I'm looking forward to making LHOP a part of our family.  I saw the whole series online on DVD for around $100.  We weren't ready to make that kind of commitment at the time, but I think it might be something to add to our Nis-nis list.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I remember Tricia and I crying at every episode and you and Joe getting a kick out of that. I wish there was more of this kind of TV now.

dave said...

Just wait till their Christmas episode. UFC (ugly face cry) will be unanimous.

Heidi said...

i had to show justin this post cause we're on the 5th chapter of 'the long winter' right now. l-hop in the house. it surprises me how much he likes it and how much those 'simpler times' weren't always so simple. they struggle just to stay alive at times.

Anonymous said...

Popcorn and L-HOP!
T

mckeefamily03 said...

I am only shy one season of Little House! Season 5 is the last one we need, but we LOVE it! The girls love them too... they call it "watching girls"... it's a really wonderful show, and I most certainly cry on almost every episode!