Monday, December 13, 2010

Sick as dogs, snow up to our arm pits and no Vikings game

Sick as dogs
For the second or third time (depends on how you count) in the last couple of months everyone at the Gammons house was sick this past week. First Lucy, then Matthew and Molly, then Ben and Caleb, then Amanda and on Saturday it was me. It involved various combinations of vomit, diarrhea, fever and headache. Thanks be to God, we are all now fairly healthy.

Snow up to our arm pits
This weekend we got dumped on. Saturday while I was laid up, Amanda was out shoveling the drive. She was able to keep up with half of the driveway so that we could at least get out. For some reason we decided to get Papa John's on Saturday night. As soon as I left our driveway, I knew it was a bad idea. They hadn't even plowed our street. Thankfully, I grew up in Alpena and have driven in that kind of mess a time or two. The main rule is whatever you do, DON'T STOP. When you stop, you get stuck.

I was feeling better by Sunday morning so Ben and I finished the other side of the driveway and the end where the plows dumped the whole street. Our neighbor waited to do anything until Sunday and it took him hours to go through all of it, even with his snowblower.

No Vikings game
Mom gave us tickets to the Vikings vs. Giants game for Christmas. We prayed on Saturday night that I would feel better so that we could all go to the game. Then the Giants got stranded in Kansas City on their way to MSP. They postponed the game until Monday night. No problem! That actually was great. Then on Sunday morning the roof of the Metrodome collapsed. If you haven't seen the video, watch it.


They moved the game to Detroit. I called Mom to see if she wanted to meet us there. It's a twelve hour trip for us, but she said it was really bad weather there. It would have been a fun road trip, but not if we had to drive into what we just had. We are supposed to get a refund for our tickets so we'll see how that goes.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Funny when I saw that footage I thought to myself, I wonder if Andy is going to post that video? :)

Feel better!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dang! There's a lot going on in Minneapolis these days. Sorry I missed your call last night. We were at the church cantata.
T

Sharon said...

What a weekend!! We got 15 inches of snow and I'm finally plowed out. So sorry that the game didn't work out:(

Anonymous said...

Oh what a bummer about the game! I didn't realize that was the game you boys got from mom for Christmas. Come down to a Dolphins game with Uncle Joe! :) ~cg