Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend Farm Adventures

Sorry I don't have pictures of these adventures.  You'll have to use your imagination.

Friday:
Cutting wood, I got my saw blade wedged in a log. Pried so hard I loosened the nuts on the saw. I tightened one, but while I was cutting the whole saw crumbled to pieces. After hunting all over we finally found the nuts and got the saw going again.


On the way back from the woods, I decided to drive through the dried up pond. It wasn't dry enough. The Rhino got stuck in the mud. I went and got the neighbor. Itch another neighbor's come-along, and after I put it in neutral, I pulled the Rhino out.

Today:
The boys went out to feed the cats and Ben said he saw something furry behind the door. I got the .22 and headed out. A few minutes later I was disposing of a dead possum. It brought to my mind the following Tom Waits quote that hangs at trout farm in Alpena.

"There's always some killin' you got to do around the farm."

4 comments:

Bill Roehl said...

Let me know when you start making braised possum. Then I'll know you've made the full conversion to farm life!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a weekend:)
Mom

Anonymous said...

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle...

T

Shube said...

QUESTION: Why did the possum cross the road?
ANSWER: To show the chicken it could be done--but NOT in this case!

Guess I won't be propping my door open!