Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Run for the border

We had Taco Bell tacos for lunch today.  We bought the big party packs.  Every time we do that, I tell the kids this story.  Growing up in Alpena, we didn't have Taco Bell.  So every time we would take a youth group trip "down state", we would stop there for one of our meals.  Jeff Cutler and Jason Rensberry would order a 10 pack of tacos for themselves and sit down and plow through them.  They were two dudes who were both about 6' 4" and 150 lbs. soaking wet.  We were all amazed at the food they could put away.

My kids love that story.  As I began to tell it today, Matthew started his guttural giggle and said, "I know this story!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny.
Were you at the grand opening when we actually did get a Taco Bell?
T

Anonymous said...

I was going to bring up the same thing. Yes, Andy and I went to the grand opening for the Alpena Taco Bell! There was a line they went around the building. It was a big day:)
Mom

Anonymous said...

oops...THAT went around the building...

Joe Foell said...

That reminds me of my coming up. My brother and I would make fairly frequent Taco Bell runs (often after dinner, to my Mom's chagrin). We both fit the 6'4", 150# wet description, and ate astonishing quantities of food. Now (20-25 years later), I'm a solid 200#, but he still holds steady at 165#. It makes me fear the future, seeing as I've got three boys coming up (11, 10, and 8), and they seem to be aiming for the same territory, food consumption wise.