Thursday, February 7, 2013

A tool for every man

When we first got the Rhino, I got it stuck in the mud of our back pond.  A neighbor came over and rescued me with what he called a "come along".  It's a cable winch that is able to pull just about anything.  You attach one end to a stationary object (I usually use a tree.) and the other end to what ever you want to pull.  After we pulled the Rhino out of the mud the first time, I knew I wanted to have one of these.

Amanda got it for me for my birthday last year. Since, I have pulled the Rhino out of a number of places.  I also used it to move huge tree that I've cut in the woods. Last night, due to a slippery driveway, Amanda got the van stuck in a snow bank.  I tried to dig it out, rock it out, but nothing worked.  So Ben and I hooked up that come along to a tree, wrapped a chain around the hitch and pulled the van out of the snow bank and onto solid ground.  Whenever I do these things, it makes me feel great.  I especially love doing them with the boys.

If you're a man or you know and love one, then get on Amazon and order yourself a come along.

No comments: