Monday, February 5, 2007

Brrr

First, a huge congrats to Gregg and the Co'ts. What a good game last night! I do feel a little sorry for G&A about the terrible weather in Miami last night. I am sure though that it was still an awesome experience. Can't wait to see the pics and read about your time.

On a very non-Miami note, on my way into work this morning it said -16° F on the sign. Growing up in Northern Michigan, I am fairly used to the cold, but this is a totally different thing. The expected high today is 1° F. Tomorrow it will warm up to a balmy 9° F. We should get some snow tomorrow too. That will be great because the boys and I have been working on a quinzhee in the back yard. Ben just doesn't understand why I don't want to get in it. It is about three feet too small. We watched a show on PBS about a month ago where some kids spent the night in the quinzhee that they had built. I don't think were ready for that, but maybe someday. Thanks for the warm wishes from our folks in FL. I thought how great it would be if I could just bottle this up and send it to you. I would be a millionaire. Have a great week. Stay warm.

For some really cool quinzhee camping pictures, click here.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

If you're going to have winter you need snow! It looks like you're enjoying the snow you have. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the snow, because next week Benny and Caleb, you'll be with cousin Drew on the beach! YIPPEE for cousins!
Tante C.

Gregg said...

I wish we'd get some serious snow here!

...in Indiana, they close schools when there's 4 inches.