Sunday, February 18, 2007

Kensington support

It has been one year since my beautiful wife gave me my first iPod. Soon after I got it I decided I wanted to listen to it in the car. This meant that I needed an FM transmitter. I scoured the web for reviews on the best one to buy. The one that I came up with was the Kensington Digital FM Transmitter/Car Charger for iPod. I have been thoroughly satisfied with it but about a month ago it began to come apart a little. Last week it finally gave up the ghost and stopped working. I decided I needed to write the company (ala Jeff Cutler and his Nike shoes.)

Yesterday I got an e-mail back from my new friend,
Venkata Satish Kumar from Kensington Tech Support. She (or he) told me that she (or he) would be happy to send me a new one in replacement. I was THRILLED. This is the way that the world should be. Then today I got an e-mail from Venkata's supervisor, Lakshmi Narayana.

Dear Andy: Thank you for providing the required information. I am glad to inform you that, I have placed an order for the replacement of the product with the model number 33185 and you will be receiving the product with in next 10 to 12 business days from now for absolutely free of cost. You do not need to send us back the defective product. Just as soon as you receive the product mark the old one as a defective product and trash it if you wish. Our primary concern is to make our Customers COMPLETELY SATISFIED with Email support. We strive for this and go to any extent to make our customers happy with Kensington products. You may receive an e-mail survey regarding your e-mail support experience. I request you to participate and encourage us. We appreciate your feedback. It has been my pleasure to assist you. Regards, Lakshmi Narayana Kensington Technical Support.

So, thank you to my new friends at Kensington Technical Support. If you, reader, are ever in need of computer peripherals, be sure to check www.kensington.com first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! NICE!

Anonymous said...

I had a nightmare with Kensington Support. Not only are they MORONS, they can't understand or speak English. I tried for 10 minutes to get someone to understand the letter Z from V and S from F. Tell the Kensington management that THEY may be saving money in using support help in India, but they wasted an hour of my life on the phone and my problem with my MousePocket optical mouse still exists.