Thursday, June 14, 2007

VACATION!

A week in Michigan for vacation could mean sitting outside by the water soaking up the sun or it could mean a week of sitting inside cuddled up with a blanket watching the storm clouds blow through. We have had nothing but the first. It has been a great week of beautiful weather. We have enjoyed being with family and have realy enjoyed just spending time with the boys. The idea for this vacation was Amanda's. We decided that this year's Nagel Family Vacation would be a reunion of all of Dave's family. People have flown in from California, Oregon, Colorado, driven from Tennesse, Indiana, and Minnesota. It is the first time that his family has all been together in seven years, since Amanda and I were married. I have really enjoyed seeing Dave's mom enjoy seeing and being with all of her family. I have thought many times that if I were almost 80 years old, what would I want more than anything else? I would want to be with my family and to watch them be with each other. That was our main goal this week and I think it has been accomplished well. I'll quickly post a picture of Matthew at the farm that we went to. More pictures will follow early next week when I get back to the world of the world wide web.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Can't wait to hear all about it! I'm so glad that you've had good weather and fun with family. I love you.