Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hymn of the Week--I Will Sing of My Redeemer

Last week, this hymn came on the iPod and Matthew looked at me and said, "I like this song, Daddy." I knew it needed to be this week's Hymn of the Week. We have been enjoying it. It may need to go for a couple of weeks though for us to get it down pat.

Hymn of the Week
I Will Sing of My Redeemer

Words by Phillip P. Bliss
Music by George Stebbins


I will sing of my Redeemer,
And His wondrous love to me;
On the cruel cross He suffered,
From the curse to set me free.

Refrain

Sing, oh sing, of my Redeemer,
With His blood, He purchased me.
On the cross, He sealed my pardon,
Paid the debt, and made me free.


3 comments:

Sharon said...

That's a hymn that's just jam packed with truth. Praise the Lord for what He's done!

Anonymous said...

It's a good one.
T

Colbert Family said...

This is one of my all time favorites. Especially with Fernando Ortega singing it... so powerful!
Jim