Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hymn of the Week--Angels, From The Realms of Glory

This was one of our HOTW's last Christmas. It is a good one. I love when a Christmas hymn bids me "come and worship." I want that to be my main goal and end at this time of year. I am easily caught up in many other things. This hymn keeps me focused.

Hymn of the Week
Angels, From The Realms of Glory
Words by James Montgomery
Music by Henry T. Smart

Angels from the realms of glory,
Wing your flight o’er all the earth;
Ye who sang creation’s story
Now proclaim Messiah’s birth.

Refrain

Come and worship, come and worship,
Worship Christ, the newborn King.


3 comments:

Sharon said...

I've sung this since childhood...loved it then and love it now! I'm especially fond of the "Glooooooria in excelsis Deo" part. My Latin is a bit rusty, so please forgive the spelling:) The boys' choir YouTube selection is wonderful too!

Heidi said...

absolutely beautiful! you gotta love that cathedral too...

Anonymous said...

I wish the kids could live in the U.K for a year---just to be a part of this kind of choir. Simply delightful.
Shube