Sunday, December 20, 2009

OUCH!

Yesterday morning the boys and I went down to our neighborhood rink to do some ice skating. I spent some time trying to teach the boys and then I decided to do some skating of my own. I flew up and down the ice. The next thing I new I was in the back of an ambulance and eventually in the ER.

The boys performed exceptionally. Ben and Matthew stayed by me and helped me to get up. Caleb ran for help and got some of the neighbors to come and call 911. He even remembered our phone number so they could call Amanda.

It was a concussion, but not much more (as you can see from Ben's picture above.) I was able to go to church this morning, but I feel like someone has beaten me up. I'm thankful for God's gift of ibuprofen. It may be a few days until I'm back out on the ice.

8 comments:

Bill Roehl said...

Oh man I'm glad it's nothing more than a concussion. Great job boys!

Be more careful sir!

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of the boys' performance under fire! Your average 7,5, and 4 year old might have fallen apart. I'm thankful it wasn't worse than it was.

Quick: How many fingers am I holding up??!?!
Shube

Sharon said...

Yes, all of the boys were very brave and I'm really proud of all of them. I find it remarkable that a 6 year old would do what Caleb did. Bless his heart!

Sarah said...

I'm glad to hear that you're ok. At this time next week you'll need to be at the top of your game (or at least able to fake it).

Gregg said...

Ouch! I went down hard 2 Christmases ago at the Wayzata rink...didn't hit my head but had a sore shoulder and hip for about 3 days.

Glad to hear you're OK.

Abigail said...

Wow, that's a pretty good cut.

Glad you're ok and the boys were taking good care of everything!

Heidi said...

i was wondering what this was all about! ben sent an email to justin saying 'my daddy fell on the ice and we went to see him at the hospital.' glad to hear you're ok!!

Unknown said...

Trixy sent me a text to pray.
So glad it turned out okay.
My head hurts now.