Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Attempted Stay-cation

Last week I had Veteran's day off, so I took a Friday off in hopes of having a four day weekend. The plan was to stay home, get some things done and make take a trip to the state capitol. Starting last Monday though, our family was hit with one of our annual pandemics. Every child in the period of a week, threw up at least once. Most of them vomited more than once and most of them did it in their beds at least once. Needless to say, we spent the weekend doing laundry, renting a rug doctor, lighting candles, eating saltines and drinking 7-Up.

We were so tired of being in the house that on Friday, Matt, Ben, Molly and I went to St. Paul and stopped by the capitol. We didn't go inside though. We decided to save that so that Caleb could go with us another time. The rest of the time we spent doing puzzles. We did a 100, 300 and a 500 piece puzzle along with a couple of really small ones. I told Amanda that the differences between our house and a nursing home were very minimal this week.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I hope you're all on the mend now! Glad to hear that at least some of you made it to the Capitol!

Anonymous said...

Very very sad.
We are currently hosting a round of strep.
Tis the season.
T

Bill Roehl said...

Kim said that this bug made its rounds through the ECFE class (and when I thought I had food poisoning it was actually because I brought my son to ECFE and caught whatever it is that was going around). He had it during the week and then she had it the following weekend.

Glad you're all doing a little better.

Abigail said...

Oh bummer. Did you and Amanda steer clear of it?

Elianna got hit with it last Monday night, too.

Hopefully all on the mend now! Way to go with the puzzles.. that's a good memory at least, the post-puke puzzles. :)

Hang in there Gammonses!!!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing worse than the stomach flu. I feel the need to go and wash my hands...
Feel better, xoxo, cg