Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Grace

Over at Justin Taylor's blog, he had a couple of great posts about grace.  First, enjoy the Blind Boys of Alabama's version of "Amazing Grace" set to the tune of "The House of the Rising Sun."  I love the guttural tones and the idea that God has changed the song for those of us who have escaped the brothel (The House of the Rising Sun) to sing about his amazing grace.



Second, watch this scene from the 1998 film Les Miserables.  I love what the bishop says in the very last seconds.  I am Jean Valjean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't been commenting lately. Still reading. Love that clip from Les Mis. Mom and I saw that in London.

Was the blind group on Americas Got Talent? Just sayin.

Anonymous said...

wonderful!! I too am Jean Valjean. I don't deserve God's grace but He gives it anyway. I am thankful!
Mom
P.S. Love the blind group:)