Tuesday, May 29, 2007

GWV--The Recap

GWV (Guys' Weekend V) was a great time. In our fifth year of doing this, it felt like we all knew each other well and knew what to expect from each other and our weekend together. We spent a lot of time by the camp fire talking. We went downtown and did some of the mandatory Chicago stuff. We ate at Gino's (Chicago-style pizza) twice and Portillo's (Chicago hot dogs and Italian beef) once. We walked probably five miles around the park playing frisbee golf. I am burnt and was fairly sore yesterday. These five guys are great friends. Here are some of my highlights (in no specific order.)
  1. The train ride to Chicago talking with Ken
  2. Talking with Alyn about his family
  3. My rides to and from Madison with Ben D.
  4. Listening to Daniel talk about his life at the campfire
  5. Gino's mmmmmm
  6. Listening to Ben engage Matt the waiter at Gino's in Wheaton who was a Wheaton student. (I think Matt might get fired because he talked with us for about 15 minutes at our table.)
  7. Talking with my boys on the phone and telling them that Daniel said he would want to be Chubaka in Star Wars. The boys laughed.
Thanks guys, for a great weekend. I can't wait for next year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for some details. I'll call soon. Welcome back.
T

Gregg said...

Nice use of the mirror-jelly-bean!

MMMMMMGeno's.

Andy Gammons said...

Yeah, Gregg. My favorite part about the above picture is either the bird doo on Ben Arendt's shoulder or Ken's face being misshapen. Chicago was fun.

Unknown said...

Andy-
I personally LOVE the photo- it totally could be on CD cover of your first album.

-didn't notice the bird doo doo- hilarious.