Friday, May 11, 2007

Matty=Uncle Gregg

Every night when we go into check on the boys this is what we see in Matthew's room.

Amanda said last night that this is how Gregg sleeps in his bed too, with his feet hanging out over the edge. There are many moments when I think of the boys' uncles. Whenever Matthew throws a little temper tantrum and then feels really bad about it and wants a hug we think of Uncle Brad. Whenever Benjamin says, "I'm so hot. I just want to go inside and play. Its cooler in there," we think of Uncle Gregg. When Caleb quickly runs the manic gambit between being the sweetest little boy you'd ever meet to putting on a huge pout, we think of Uncle Joe. Whenever Caleb asks to help with the yardwork or shoveling the snow, I also think of Uncle Joe. So guys, whether you know it or not and even if the boys don't always know it, you are a big part of our boys' lives. The apples have not fallen too far from the tree. Maybe we'll get a little Tante Tricia in July. That would be great.

2 comments:

Gregg said...

It's funny you should mention this. I've already studied the pictures of the vacation home in Holland, Mich to see what the footboard/no-footboard situation during summer vacation will be!

I'll gladly sleep in a closet, pantry, hallway, or the yard provided I can hang my feet off the end of my bed.

I knew Matty was a special boy.

Andy - thanks for the kind words...my Huey, Louie, and Dewey hold a very special place in my heart.

Anonymous said...

A little Tante Tricia would be oh so very fun. Hoping we might be nearby to enjoy her.
T