Thursday, April 17, 2008

Adios amigo!

Bill Roehl orginally uploaded by Aaron Landry

Tomorrow, after almost exactly two years of a very interesting and great working relationship, my friend Bill Roehl will hang up his Century College hat and move on to a job at Capella University. When Bill was hired I thought that he might at least be someone that I could talk to at work. He has become a great friend and colleague. It is rare when you meet someone who you can have deep talks about issues that are important to both you. It is even more rare when you are able to have these types of conversations with someone whose views, at first glance, are diametrically opposed to your's. Bill and I often discuss topics as diverse as religion, sustainable agriculture, music, books, food, restaurants, work , family, future, politics, economics, technology, family, past and career. Bill has been over to our house a number of times for lunch. He has gotten to know Amanda and our kids. We have gotten to know his wife Kim too. I know that I am a better person for the time that I have spent with Bill. He has spurred me on to work harder and to think deeper. I will miss these talks and his presence in our office and in our home.

Almost all of the successes that I have had at work have been due to the partnership that I formed with Bill early on. We have been a great team. I have come up with the ideas and Bill has put in the hard work to get them implemented. I will miss him in that way too.

Bill, our whole family wishes you all the best in the transition to your new job. We know that you can do it and know that you will WOW them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks dude, you and your entire family rule.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Bill!

Tricia (Andy's favorite sister)

Anonymous said...

Bill---
I wish you well in your new endeavor! You've been a good friend/compadre to Andy and I thank you for that. Don't disappear. We enjoy your blog comments!
Shube (AKA Shirley, The mother-in-law)