Thursday, July 10, 2008

A healthy breakfast?


When I was little we would go to my grandparents in Grand Rapids. I knew that when I woke up on Saturday morning we would either have fruit loops or my favorite (and my dad's) pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. I have done this a few times before, but this morning was our best yet. Amanda and Joni went and picked berries on Monday and they were great. They made jam and I used the left-overs for pancakes this morning. I also whipped up some fresh whipped cream. It was a great breakfast. Healthy? Probably not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But it has berries!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I never opted for the berries at Grandkmas. I don't like my sweets to have fruit. That's why I don't like the apple fritter at the Wabash Donut shop (Mike's favorite) and why I don't generally opt for a piece of pie over chocolate cake, for instance.

By the by, could you take a post to explain why you still insist on doing the word verifications????????

Sharon said...

Glad to hear that Amanda got to pick berries.