Thursday, December 4, 2008

The attack of the Tooth Fairy

From December

Ben's tooth had been loose for a few weeks. Then yesterday he tried to bite a LEGO apart and that did it. It really loosened it up and it hurt. Amanda didn't want me to pull. She said that she had many traumatic memories of her dad with pliers. At lunch though, when I touched it, I couldn't believe how loose it was. I told Ben it wouldn't hurt, and it didn't. The Tooth Fairy did visit him last night and left him a silver dollar. We decided that would be a fun tradition. How much did the Tooth Fairy leave you when you were little?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can knock the second one out by December 25th and all sing, "All I Want for Christmas Is My 2 Front Teeth!"
My first tooth was pulled way too early because I TOLD my dad to do it (everybody at school but me had teeth missing)...and it has been slightly crooked my whole life!
Shube

Sharon said...

Ben can't be old enough to be losing teeth!!! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Does he have any Lisp action or obsessive tongue touching the hole? That's what I remember about loosing teeth.

Anonymous said...

We got a silver dollar in our tooth fairy pillow too. That was 30 years ago. Glad to see the tooth fairie's cost is still the same.
~Carrie

Gregg said...

I don't remember what the cash prize was, but I share Amanda's memories of dad wrapping the pliers in a kitchen towel and digging in.