Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hymn of the Week--When Morning Gilds the Skies

It has been a while since I have posted our HOTW. It has been a while since we've had a HOTW. But we're back in the swing of things with our evening devotions and our HOTW. This week's is a good one. We make the boys at least sing on the "May Jesus Christ be praised." Hopefully we'll be back on track for our weekly hymns now.


Hymn of the Week
When Morning Gilds the Skies
Words from the Katholisches Gesangbuch
Music by Joseph Barnby

When morning gilds the skies my heart awaking cries:
May Jesus Christ be praised!
Alike at work and prayer, to Jesus I repair:
May Jesus Christ be praised!

MIDI--When Morning Gilds the Skies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't had to "listen" to a hymn yet. Good choice.

Sharon said...

"Alike at work and prayer, to Jesus I repair"...
The use of the word repair at first glance seems awkward and a poor choice, but as I think about it, it's really a perfect choice. Repair is needed when something is broken...like me! So, to Jesus I go to be repaired, fixed, made right. "May Jesus Christ be praised"! Like all of your HOTW choices this is a good one!