Monday, January 11, 2010

Read Alouds--Red Sails to Capri


Sometimes when I read a book I think to myself, I know this is a good book, but I just really don't like it that much.  That was my reaction to Red Sails to Capri  by Ann Weil.  It was an interesting story and well written, but I didn't care for the style.  She uses a lot of dialog.  Reading it aloud was somewhat difficult and I'm not sure the boys were always able to follow it.

It is a story of a young boy, Michelle, and the adventure that comes to him when three strange visitors come to his island of Capri.  The visitors all come seeking something different and each find exactly what they are seeking in an adventure that they take with Michelle, his father and two of his friends.  As I did a search for the image for the book, I came across a number of people who said that this was a family favorite.  It was okay, but it wouldn't make the list of Gammons Family favorites.

No comments: