Saturday, June 27, 2009

The kids' Christmas wish list



Here's a picture of what the kids want for Christmas.
PSALM 127:3-5
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one's youth.
5 Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
JAMES 1:16-18
16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. 18 Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
God has once again blessed us with the gift of a child. Amanda is pregnant. We stand amazed at how, even as we fail and prove faithless, God "with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change" shows himself faithful.

We went to Amanda's first appointment on Monday. She had some bleeding over the weekend so we went to an ultrasound yesterday. Everything looks good. The baby is a little over 12 weeks. The baby is 6 centimeters long, but already we could see it's complete form, head, spine, arms and legs. It had it's hands in front of it's face. Already sucking it's hands?
JOB 10:11-12
You clothed me with skin and flesh,
and knit me together with bones and sinews.
12 You have granted me life and steadfast love,
and your care has preserved my spirit.
PSALM 139:13-16
For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
The estimated due date is 01/01/10. We think that it will probably be before the new year though because of the cesarean. Thanks for reading and thanks for loving us and celebrating with us. We love you all.
2ABC2M+

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't be happier---but you already KNOW that! :) One more to love! FABULOUS! Do I need to bring my own jump-seat for the van!!?!? :)
Shube

stanley said...

put stanley down for "brother." he will need some one to beat up!
many congrats guys!

Abigail said...

Congrats Gammons!!! We too, couldn't be happier for you all! You don't look pregnant at all Amanda, but for whatever reason, I was wondering if you might be last night at the park.. :)

And I say, you go Molly! Keep rooting for a girl!

Much love to the new baby from the Dodds' fam!!!

Sarah said...

You guys just made my day. How exciting!

Anonymous said...

HORRAY!!!

Love and miss you guys!

DeRo's

The Martin's said...

Congratulations! We are SO excited for you. We are rooting for a girl, too - Molly need some help balancing the family out!

Sharon said...

How wonderful!! As Shirley said, another one to love! Can't wait to see this little Gammons. I'll be at the hospital to greet him/her. Let's hear about names!! That's such a fun part:)

Colbert Family said...

Congratulations Gammons! Such wonderful news! By Christmas (or around there) the Gammons and Colberts will have 9 kids together! Very exciting for these new blessings joining our families! Keep us posted on who will get their Christmas wish!

Jamsco said...

Boy, you guys are crazy! Isn't your oldest like seven or something? Won't that mean you'll have 5 under 8?

Spread them out, I say!

I mean, when our fifth was born, our oldest was at least . . . wait a second . . . let me figure this out.

Okay, forget it.

philthecarl said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. I love the picture!

I will be praying for the little one. He has blessed you indeed!

jenny said...

What exciting news!!! We are thrilled for your family. Ben and I are in awe everyday of the many ways God reveals more of Himself to us through the blessing of children! Congrats!

Ben and Jenny C.
calcrew.wordpress.com

Heidi said...

hey just read this, wow you're on a roll there...congratulations!! my vote is for a girl.

Unknown said...

How Fun!
Congratulations family of 7!!

(Happy Anniversary, too!)

Abigail said...

Hmmm, I wonder what your new family shortcut will be?