Thursday, June 4, 2009

Why I'm Tweeting

I have been doing Facebook and Twitter for work for the past few months. I have accounts that are used to keep prospective and current students up-to-date about what's going on at the college. Yesterday I started my own Twitter account. Here's why.
  • There were people that I wanted to follow that I couldn't do with my work account. @JohnPiper, @garciasn, @jgammons, @DoddsRootBeer
  • Twitter is a text based way to social network. One of the things that I hate about Facebook is when I'm using it for work and I come across photos of students that I wish I hadn't seen.
  • It has been good to get to know people better through their blogs. I think this will be a further way to do that.
So follow me on Twitter. @towngie

If you don't want to do Twitter or if you just want to see a little bit of what it's like, check out the Twitter widget over on the right side of the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, I'm on.
I'm not sure why. The last thing I need is something else to do on the computer.
I'll give it a whirl though.
Can you do it from your phone?
T