Friday, October 26, 2007

Amanda--Wonderwoman

How does Amanda do it? She has been sick all this week and has been dealing with a household of other sickies. But last night I came home to a full turkey dinner. It was amazing! The bird was absolutely perfect, potatoes, gravy and broccoli. She was obviously worn out and thought that none of the boys would even eat because of how sick everyone is. Boy, was she wrong. The boys and I devoured almost the whole 9 pound turkey. Both Benjamin and Caleb wanted the drumsticks. They think it is really fun to hold on to the leg and eat them. Matthew of course wanted a drumstick too once he saw his brothers with one. I gave him a wing and he was none the wiser. I think there is just enough turkey left over for some hot turkey sandwiches. MMMM. It made me really look forward to the holidays coming up.

I just wanted to celebrate Amanda publicly. She is an amazing wife and mother and works so hard for all of us. She is our gift from God! Thanks, Amanda.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

is amanda honored or mad with the photo shop job?

...i was humored.

hilarious.

amanda, you are amazing! i would not have a clue how to cook a turkey let alone have four kids!! (well, i get the 4 kids part but it does amaze me...)

Sharon said...

She's a keeper, that's for sure! There's nothing like a turkey dinner on a cool Fall day. Thanks for taking such good care of my son and grandkids Amanda Faith!!