Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A good cup of coffee


I started drinking coffee in the basement of Waterford Community Church. Joey and I thought it was really cool to get a cup of coffee like Dad in between Sunday School and church. We would put a lot of creamer powder and a lot of sugar and then try to act suave as we gulped it down.

Now our boys think it is equally great to "have a cup of coffee." They get a little sugar, a little rice milk and a little decaf coffee. Someday they'll drink it black, just like I do and just like my dad did.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Aunt Pat came to stay with you kids when I went to Wisconsin to help Bertie after a new baby. She would start the morning with coffee and let you have some with lots of cream and sugar. That's how it started for you. Brings back lots of memories.

Andy Gammons said...

Mom,
I remember that weekend very well. I remember riding bikes around the neighborhood with Aunt Pat. She was a real kick. Things that we probably did with our parents seemed a lot more fun and "exotic" when we got to do them with Aunt Pat. I guess I can blame all of my caffeine related bowel issues on Aunt Pat. Maybe I'll put together a bill and send it down to North Carolina. I sure love Aunt Pat.

Andy