Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings


I don't know what you've been listening to lately, but whatever it is, SHUT IT OFF! Turn on some Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Sharon Jones is a 51-year-old black woman with some sweet pipes. She has been doing music for a long time, but finally has been noticed by the mainstream (me for instance.) The Dap Kings are a group of smooth criminals funkin' around behind her. They play a great mix of 60's and 70's era funk and Motown. I watched a great podcast last night and couldn't wait to get to work to listen to some more. If you grew up with the Motown sound or just like a great groove, you'll love Sharon! Ooooh, don't stop!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I LOVE IT!!! She's great, the guy behind her with the glasses is classic, and the sax puts it over the top. What could be better than a girl named Sharon and Motown! I watched a tribute to Smokey Robinson when I was in Indiana and knew most of the songs. I would have sung along at the top of my voice but Tricia and Alex were there and I didn't want them to think I'd gone over the edge.