Monday, August 12, 2013

Rough and Tumble Lu Ru


Amanda just sent me this picture.  Lucy apparently fell down the stairs outside by our mudroom.  I think she's on her way to urgent care to get a couple of stitches.  She is a pretty tough little cookie.

This is Lucy's second head wound in the last few weeks.  When we were camping last weekend, we had just stopped to check in for our campground.  All of the kids were out of their seats in the van.  We had just pulled around the corner to head for our site.  All of a sudden, I hear the van door open.  Lucy had opened the door and tumbled out.  We were going about 5 mph.  I stopped the van and jumped out.  She was bleeding like crazy from the back of her head.  I picked her up and began applying pressure to the wound.  Long story short, the boys ran to the ranger station to get help and the rangers arrived, lights and sirens blaring, in minutes.  We got the bleeding stopped right away and Lucy calmed right down.  The rangers recommended that we take her to the hospital for a stitch or two, but we decided not to.  The wound was more of an abrasion and not a cut.  She was fine.  When we went to church the next Sunday, she said, "I have to tell everyone about how I fell out of the car."

I guess this is the life of a 3-year-old.  I'll post an update if indeed there are some stitches necessary for our little sweetie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! I'm glad she's ok. Did she end up with stitches?
Mom