Friday, December 1, 2006

I Love MWS

It was my junior year at Taylor. We were sleeping in the entry way to the student union. Just for fun, we decided we would be first in line for tickets to Michael W. Smith's concert at TU. Its not that we listened to him (all of us had grown up listening to him) it was more a mockery. At 4:30 am we were joined by a serious fan with similar thoughts. The night of the show, we lined the front row in the chapel to watch MWS croon through such hits as Rockettown, Love Crusade, and of course we all cried through A Friend's a Friend Forever.

All this as an intro to our plans for tomorrow night. Amanda and I were very generously given some free tickets to MWS's Christmas show. Amanda is really looking forward to it. I think it will also be fun too. We don't get too many nights out alone and I really do love Christmas music. I think he is going to have a choir and the whole works. This is what happens when you can no longer sing songs about teenage themes. You hit the road for the Christmas tour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I was techy enough I'd post an old picture of me holding up a MWS poster--age 12 or so. It's a classic as is my haircut in that era. Vivid memories of the Big Picture tour concert. Right behind the Amy Grant Straight Ahead concert that I went to with Dad--totally rad. Also loved the Amy Grant Unguarded tour. Not a fan now that she's with Vince...sorry.

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! I think that you and tricia are writing your blogs for eachother! I loved the go west young man tour! believe it or not I heard from a reliable soruce that MWS smokes cigerets! Can you beleive it?
Alex

ChadE said...

I couldn't get enough of the "Go West Young Man" music video where he starts in the one room cabinet then, at the crescendo of the song, the walls fall down because he must go west. Then the beep bops start, and it is beautiful.

I never used to really get into Christmas until this year when Trishelle and I have our own house and own tree! She is a Christmas nut. I think I just associated Christmas with running around to 4 different houses and making sure everyone's schedule lined up. It has taken a much more sentimental meaning this year.