Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ryan Adams--Heartbreaker

What a great Christmas so far! We have been celebrating all week: Sunday at Shirley's, Monday at Dave and Joni's and last night with a box from Gregg and Allison. We draw names with Amanda's family and this year Allison got me. She got me some of my favorite candy and an iTunes card--both HUGE scores. Thanks again Allison. Strangely enough, these will be some of my first purchases from iTunes. I have almost my whole 30G iPod full and I have only purchased a few tracks on-line. All of my music and video is either from CDs or for free from the Internet (legally.)

The first thing I bought when I got to work this morning was Ryan Adams' Heartbreaker. It is Adam's debut album, produced with Gillian Welch and David Rawlings. Many of his other albums are more alt country, maybe even alternative. This one is a great bluesy, twangy, album. He even duets with Emmylou Harris on a beautiful "Oh, My Sweet Carolina." Another one of my favorite tracks is "To be young (Is to be sad, Is to be high)." If that isn't the lament of a 20-something, I don't know. If you're looking for a great album to pick up with your Amazon gift certificate, your new iTunes card, or the extra cash you have from Christmas (yeah, right), this should definitely be on your list.

No comments: