Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hymn of the Week--Our Great Savior

I often try and pick my HOTW's from the hymns we sing at church on Sunday. This was one from last Sunday's worship. It has been a good one to remind us of God's work in our new birth. He is the one who saves, helps, keeps and loves. Thanks be to God.

Hymn of the Week
Our Great Savior
Words by J. Wilbur Chapman
Music by Rowland Prichard

Jesus! what a Friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.
Hallelujah! what a Savior!
Hallelujah! what a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.

The Lord has proved this to be true over and over in my life. So much to be thankful for!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this.. listening to it this morning has been a help to me. I do love this hymn.