Monday, March 16, 2009

Hymn of the Week--I Must Tell Jesus

We sang this hymn last night at small group. It is a great truth. "Jesus can help me. Jesus alone." I'm not sure that I knew this one before. We may have sung it at church, but it is a newer hymn to me. I love the 3rd verse.

Tempted and tried I need a great Savior,
One who can help my burdens to bear;
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus;
He all my cares and sorrows will share.

Thanks, Tom.

Hymn of the WeekI Must Tell Jesus
Words and Music by Elisha Albright Hoffman

I must tell Jesus all of my trials;
I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me;
He ever loves and cares for His own.

I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone;
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I turned the music up LOUD, sang along, and cried! It brought back lots of memories of Jack Kline and others with their guitars and Helen Timm on the piano giving the music her own special "Southern" flavor. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I knew it.
Guess some of us were paying attention and some of us weren't...

T

Anonymous said...

Andy--
Another good one. When I see all the articles touting meditation to manage stress, I wish I could submit telling Jesus as the best crisis-management "technique" around.
Shube