Monday, October 19, 2009

Go Vikes!

Yesterday we watched another nail biter from the Minnesota Vikings. As I've previously mentioned, this is a great time for the boys and me and it also gets pretty intense. The Vikings are now 6-0. It is so much fun to watch a winning team. I grew up watching the Lions lose; my dad used it as an excuse to take a nap. I remember Tricia getting excited about watching the Pittsburgh Steelers when they lived there. Well it's our turn.

I did get some of my old Lions feelings though yesterday when the Vikings did almost everything they could do to lose the game. If the Ravens hadn't have missed a list second field goal, we wouldn't have won. It's been a great season though so far. If we can just keep the old man (number 4) healthy and make sure that Adrian Peterson stops coughing up the ball, we'll be all set. Go Vikes!

5 comments:

Gregg said...

My Colts are also undefeated so far (5-0 as this was their bye-week)...but I've also been cheering for the Vikes to do well this year. If there's a Vikings/Colts Super Bowl, we may just have to come up for the big party!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to lose when you've got the Favre workin' for ya.

T

Anonymous said...

by the by,
did anyone catch the New England/Titans game? Hardly a nail biter...

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, the Vikes score was the first thing I checked over here yesterday when we first fired up the computer. Does look like it was another good one!
I did picture the whooping and hollering that must have gone on in the Gammons basement! Can they be for real?
D.

Abigail said...

Tom and I were gleeful and disappointed at the end of that game.. going from, "That's no way to win a football game," to, "A win is a win."

It is fun to have a team that's doing well. We've watched many years of a promising Vikings team managing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Plus, how can you not love watching #4 play every week.. the passion, the drive.. it's what the Vikings have needed for a long time!