Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hymn of the Week--I Need Thee Every Hour

On Monday, thumbing through the hymnal after dinner, I said to everyone, we need a hymn about how much we need Jesus right now. Ben piped right up and said, "How about 'every hour I need thee.'" It's a good one.
Hymn of the Week

I Need Thee Every Hour
Words by Annie S. Hawks
Music by Robert Lowry

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
Refrain
I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great one, Benny. I've had a lot of "I need thee every hour" hours lately--but I hope to return to work tomorrow. The Lord is always faithful--but especially so when we are most aware of needing Him!
Shube

Sharon said...

I have many wonderful memories of this hymn, but especially the part
I need Thee OOOOOOHHHHH I need Thee
Every hour I need Thee
Oh bless me now my Savior
I come to Thee.

Great choice Benjamin Donald!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.
T