Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Read Alouds--Reformation Heroes


We have been mixing our nightly read aloud times up lately.  I have been alternating between our normal read aloud and a book my mom got the kids and me for Christmas.  Reformation Heroes is a book about the many varied personalities that came before and brought about the Reformation.    It is well written and very interesting.  Many of these stories are new to me as well.  Do you know who John Huss was?  I didn't either.  The boys have really liked this.  It is so much fun to hear the boys say, "Can we read about Martin Luther again tonight?"  If you have elementary aged kids, I highly recommend this book.  Most of the biographies are short enough to read in a sitting.  The more important ones (Luther for instance) need to be split into a few sessions.  It even has some reflection questions in the back for each personality.  Thanks, Mom, for another great book.

No comments: