Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hymn of the Week--Just As I Am

I told the boys that this was a very famous hymn from when Billy Graham would preach his crusades.  I've got to admit though that every time I sing it, I think of Mike Wooten saying, "The buses will wait while the choir sings one more stanza of 'Just As I Am.'"  I don't remember the context, but it still makes me laugh.

Hymn of the Week
Just As I Am
Words  by Charlotte Elliot
Music by William B. Bradbury


Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw your reference to Mike Wooten, so I looked up his latest fb status. Thought you might enjoy...

Just had an AATA bus brush my arm as I commuted to work this morning. When I pulled up beside him to point out the challenges with his driving, he told me, "share the road." Nice