Monday, January 28, 2013

My Swiss Army Knife Story


Everyone who carries a Swiss Army knife probably has a story like this.  My knife was a gift from my mom from when she and Tricia went to Europe.  The other day when it was about 10 below zero outside, I parked my car at church and ran the front end into the snow bank.  The driver's side front corner bumper cracked.  No big deal.  It's my "back and forth to work" car.  This weekend though Amanda and I drove it on a date to the other side of town.  At about 70 MPH, the bumper started to flap in the wind and began hitting the front wheel.  I got off at a gas station and tried to just break the piece off.  No luck.  I pulled out my knife out.  Pulled the saw blade out, sawed the piece off and we were back on the road.  This is why you too, should carry a Swiss Army knife.  You never know when you might need . . . a saw blade for instance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great story...made me laugh:)
Mom