Thursday, May 15, 2014

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow





Last night was a big night for our family.  Ben got baptised.  We were so thankful for so many things last night.  I was thankful for the blessing of a son.  I was thankful that God has called him out of darkness into his marvelous light.  I was thankful that God gave Ben the courage to get up in front of everyone there and profess his faith in Christ.  I was thankful for a church that takes this all so seriously.  I was thankful that Dave and Joni and Shirley could be there.  I was thankful for the Godly heritage that they and my parents passed down to us.  I was thankful for the people that gathered around Ben at the end to pray for him.  I was thankful for manly friends who prayed for him because they know him and care for him.  I was thankful for the two young friends who had the courage to pray for Benjamin.  I was thankful for how God was obviously working in the hearts of Ben's siblings as they watched him take this step.  I was so thankful for Jesus who for the joy set before him endured the cross for me, for Benjamin and for so many of the people that I love.

Thanks to Kirsten for the pictures above.  Caleb shot some video of Ben's testimony and the actual baptism that I'll try to get up today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it all!!
Mom