Monday, August 6, 2007

The blogosphere rumor mill

In classic blogosphere fashion, it appears that my photoshop joke about Joe buying the Dairy Queen in Alpena has caught fire. A high school acquaintance of Joe's and mine just posted the following comment on a post from last week.

Hi Andy,
Someone had told me a few days ago that they had heard that Joe bought the DQ in Alpena, so tonight I googled to see what that was all about...pretty interesting. My dad actually built the DQ on state street with one of his friends when he was in high school, so I think that is really cool. Your blog is great and it looks like you are very happy! Tell Joe I said hi!

Dani (Mischley) Melford

To correct the rumor, Joe did not buy the Dairy Queen in Alpena (although I am sure that after I made that post he probably gave it some serious thought.) I thought it would be a funny post and it certainly has been. You can check out the comments on the original post for even more laughs.

My sincerest apologies to Dani Mischley Melford and all those from Alpena who have been led astray by this blog post. In the future, I'll try and label joke posts as that. Happy Monday to everyone.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

More about the State Street DQ.....IT'S CLOSED! I don't know if that means that it's for sale or what. Deb Bagnasco and I thought it would be a hoot to have a sign out front with Joe's name on it somehow:)