Friday, August 3, 2007

I know you're out there.

I posted an invitation a few days ago to leave a comment if you never have before on our blog. Why do I care and how do I even know that people are reading our blog? I guess I care because I love to have people reading the blog, but blogs are supposed to be a dialog. I write; you read and respond. I know that's not how everyone reads blogs. For instance, Amanda, my own wife, has never commented on our blog.

How do I know that people are reading our blog? There is a very cool web service called Sitemeter that I utilize here at 2ABC2M. This service tells me every time someone hits my site. It tells me the Internet Service Provider that each hit comes from, their location and how long they were there. It's not perfect. Lots of times it won't tell me the location and sometimes the location is wrong. For instance, for the longest time I couldn't figure out who was hitting our blog multiple times a day from Rosebush, Michigan. Then on vacation Gregg told me that his companies ISP came up as that. Sitemeter is a pretty cool service though and it's free too!

What does this mean for you? Well not much, other than the fact that I know you're out there. I know that my good friends from the University of Virginia are reading. I know that Amanda's family from California checks in from time to time. I know that most people either come from Gregg and Allison's blog or go there when they're done reading ours.

A couple of things that I don't know are, Who is reading from the Michigan State Government in Lansing? Also, who is reading from Brooklyn, New York? I'd love to know who you are. I'd also love to have you keep reading anonymously. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gammons family!

I’m your “Michigan State Government” reader! You might remember me. I went to Cornerstone and lived in the girls side of VO when you and Amanda were first married. I saw the link to your blog on Andy and Traci McKee’s a little while ago, and checked it out. I think it’s such an interesting blog and the pics of your kids are great! So, I added you to my list of blogs that I check when I need a breather at work (which can be frequent!). You’re right though, I never leave comments on any of them. I’ve been married and practicing as an attorney for almost two years. I lived in Virginia and DC until recently, but now we’re back in Grand Rapids (where I’m from). I work here in GR, but the server for my computer at work is through Lansing… So, that’s how you caught me! Anyway, glad to know you’re well and congratulations on having such wonderful family.

God bless,
Sarah (Dygert) Kirkpatrick

jenny said...

Hey! We have officially come out of lurking your blog! It's Ben and Jenny Calfee from TU! I was trying to search some college people online just to see what people have been up to....and stumbled upon your blog about a month or so ago. (Ben teases me because I am quite a blog junkie). It has been such a blessing to see that God has grown your family in such wonderful ways. It is always an encouragement to know others from TU who are leading their lives to bring glory to Him. We have 3 kids.....Lane (bio girl, 5 years old), Rowan (bio boy, 3 yrs.), and Beckett (born in Guatemala, 14 months). I stay home with the kids and Ben works in strategic business planning. Our blog is calcrew.wordpress.com. And our e-mail is bjcalfee@hotmail.com.

Take care,
The Calfee's

dani said...

Hi Andy,
Someone had told me a few days ago that they had heard that Joe bought the DQ in Alpena, so tonight I googled to see what that was all about...pretty interesting. My dad actually built the DQ on state street with one of his friends when he was in high school, so I think that is really cool. Your blog is great and it looks like you are very happy! Tell Joe I said hi!

Dani (Mischley) Melford