Monday, August 20, 2007

New Over the Rhine album out tomorrow

It sounds like Karin and Linford have come through for us again. Over the Rhine is to release their new album The Trumpet Child tomorrow. This is their 18th album and 10th studio album (as I count them.) I have listened to a few of the tracks and they definitely sound like OTR. It is not the Over the Rhine of Ohio or Good Dog, Bad Dog. It actually reminds me of their latest Christmas album Snow Angels. Like the current images on their web site for the album, the music also reminds me of the 1920's or 30's.

The tracks that stuck out to me in my brief few listens were "I Don't Want to Waste Your Time", "Trouble", and "Entertaining Thoughts". I am excited to get my paws on the album tomorrow and dig in.

For those of you West Michigan readers, they will be doing a show at Calvin College on December 12. (Ticket info) It's been too long since we've seen them live. Unfortunately it looks like a Twin Cities stop is not on this tour either.

Click the image at left to listen to The Trumpet Child.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were just looking at this on itunes...we'll be enjoying soon also. Thanks for the fun posts.
t