Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Good new, good news!

My colleague Robert (a fellow Springsteen fan) came in this morning and said, "I assume you've heard."

"What?," I said.

"There's going to be a second show in March!"

That's right. Springsteen is coming back to the Twin Cities on March 16! Benjamin has been very into the new album lately. He keeps saying, "Dad, can we listen to the new Bruce Springsteen album?" When we put it on and turn it up loud, he bounces around playing his air guitar (which Matthew mimics). If he's getting really into it, he runs back to the bathroom and gets his hair wet. "Rock and rollers are always sweaty," he says. I tell him, "That's right buddy." The other night when we were jamming out, Amanda said that it would have been so great to take Ben to the show. Well, maybe we'll get our chance. Would a five-year-old like to get Springsteen tickets for Christmas? Would Ben rather go to a Springsteen show or get Lego's? Would Caleb freak out if just Ben and I went to the show? Tickets go on sale Saturday at 10:00 AM. Maybe you'll see Ben and I in line down at the Xcel Center with all of the 40 and 50-year-olds.

----------------
Now playing: Bruce Springsteen - Gypsy Biker
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy--
I'd think about this: We took Brad to see the Oak Ridge Boys when he was Ben's age, and look at what a freak he turned out to be!:)
Shube

Allison said...

Was everyone's first concert the Oak Ridge Boys?? It was mine--at the State Fair of course, I believe I was around Benny's age too. Hmmm. I can also be a bit freakish.