Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What are you thankful for?

I was reading the DG blog this morning and Noel Piper (Pastor John's wife) wrote a great post about Thanksgiving. The best part about it for me was the following.

"If we want to give thanks, we need only two things. Something we’re thankful for and somebody to thank. Seems so obvious, but I think I need to say it because it’s amazing how many people can say, “I’m thankful for _____ ,” without admitting that God is there to hear their thanks."

We have been doing our "I'm thankful for . . ." banner after dinner each night this week. I need to remind the boys to whom we are thankful. What are you thankful for this year? Post them in the comments. Here are some things that have ended up on our banner.

Molly (almost every night from someone)
Food
Lego
Star Wars figures
Redemption
Family
Poor people (I think Ben meant that we should pray for poor people.)
My kids
Amanda
Jesus (Caleb knows we like this answer. He's a second child parent pleaser. I think he is thankful for Jesus though too.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im thankful for our small group... it got really good last night as we started into 1st Timothy. the group is proving to be a great blessing and i am greatful to be part of somthing so clearly from God and for God.

Sharon said...

I am thankful for the blessing of Christian friends that really care about me and allow me to be a part of their lives. I thank God for my little Bible study group that meets on Thursday mornings. I always come away with a sense of God's presence in my life.