Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Being able to tell the world how sweet you think your kids are

Every parent wants to take pride in their children. Every child wants to make their parents proud of them. I think this is especially palpable with fathers and sons. I am not sure if my dad lived long enough to be REALLY proud of his sons. I think that if he were alive today he would have many things to take pride in about all of his kids. I know there have been many moments when I have been proud to be Joey and Tricia's little brother.

These were the thoughts that I had today when I read Pastor John's post about his son Ben and Ben's remodeling of their kitchen. I look forward to being able to stand with my sons and Molly and say, "Well done. I'm proud of you. You are the man/woman that I have prayed that you would be."Lot's of people read the Desiring God blog, so I am sure that Ben will get some great referrals from that post. We'll just hope he finishes our basement before he gets too busy :)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I am REALLY proud of you, Andrew, and I know that your dad would have felt the same way. You are the person I prayed you would be...loving Jesus and trying to follow Him, loving your wife, and loving your kids!

I can't wait to see the finished product in your "lower level". To call it a basement now just doesn't seem fitting. Why not take some midway pictures and post them. That way we can see beginning, middle, and end.