Monday, November 2, 2009

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

From October

We had a great time on Saturday night. Shube came over as usual to help pass out candy while Amanda and I took the kids first to my bosses house and then to our neighbors. My boss has a whole room full of sports memorabilia like autographed balls from Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Joe Montana and others. Ben thought this was one of the highlights of his night. While we were there, he kept slipping back to the room to check things out. My boss thought that was pretty cool. She loved having us and I was so glad we went.

Trick or treating is always a highlight because we get to see a lot of the neighbors that we don't see all year. There are some old people that really like to see the kids and I like to stand and talk with them for a while. Each year, I get a little braver and stay and talk a little longer.

As soon as the costumes hit the floor we started talking about what we would be for Trick o' Tweet next year. Any ideas for three boys, a little girl and a baby? So far, Robin Hood, his merry men, and Maid Marian are at the top of the list. You can see all of our photos here.

5 comments:

Bill Roehl said...

WOW! Absolutely awesome work. They look so cute!

Anonymous said...

In the words of Great-G'ma Wendt:
"Boys, didn't we have the fun!"

Shube

Sharon said...

It's such fun to see these pictures! I'm glad that Molly's Easter dress did double duty. She looks adorable as Dorothy. Where did Matthew get that fun Lion costume? He looks like he's having so much fun as the lion. Ben's scarecrow costume is fun and I especially like the story that Shube told me about how you got the straw from the store:) Caleb's costume is so reminiscent of costumes that we made at home when you were growing up and the silver face paint tops it off! He looks great! I'm glad you had such a good time.

Anonymous said...

Love it.
I think it's so much fun to dress the kids in a theme.
I thought if you and Amanda dressed up you could do Snow White and the Seven dwarfs.

Anonymous said...

I guess I did my math wrong. Gotta wait another year for that one.
T